MAX CANADA INSURANCE COMPANY
At MAX Canada Insurance Company, we value our relationship with you as a customer and member of the larger mutual aid family. These relationships are based on common goals and mutual trust and are very important to us. We place a high priority on your personal privacy and remain committed to protect it.
1. Accountability: We are responsible for all Personal Information in our possession or control, which means information about you but does not include the name, title or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization, or information made available in public records.
2. Identified Purposes: We will collect, use and disclose Personal Information as is reasonably required to:
- Identify you and ensure the accuracy of your Personal Information;
- Establish and maintain communications with you;
- Understand your needs;
- Offer and provide insurance products and services to you;
- Analyze risks, establish pricing and effect reinsurance;
- Administer, bill and service your insurance products and services;
- Investigate and settle your claims;
- Provide mutual aid services to you;
- Respond to your inquiries and contact you through telephone, email, and other appropriate communication channels;
- Meet regulatory and legal requirements; and
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activities.
We also collect, use or disclosure your information to our affiliated companies, your agent and/or broker, operators of insurance industry databases, government agencies, other insurers, reinsurers, credit bureaus and/or any other person, corporation, firm or enterprise as reasonably required for the purposes stated above.
Information may be collected by entities, or transferred, outside of Canada for processing, storage, analysis or disaster recovery and may be subject to disclosure to those authorized under applicable laws of the the foreign jurisdiction.
If we use your information for any other purpose than listed above, we will explain the purpose and obtain your consent.
3. Consent: We will obtain your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal
Information except in situations where consent is not required by law. Your consent may be provided expressly (oral or written), implicitly or through an authorized representative. In most cases, your consent may be withdrawn with reasonable notice. If you choose to do so, we will explain the implications of withdrawing your consent.
4. Limiting collection: We will collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for Identified purposes or as required by law.
5. Limiting the use, disclosure and retention of personal information: We will not use or disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than those for which it was collected except with your consent or as required by law. We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary for the identified Purposes or as required by law.
6. Accuracy: We will maintain your Personal Information in our possession and control as accurate, complete, and up to date based on the most recent information available to MAX Canada.
7. Safeguards: We will maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to ensure your Personal Information is protected against loss, theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
8. Openness: At your request, we will make available information about our policies and procedures relating to the management of your Personal Information.
9. Individual access: Upon your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information which is in our possession and control. You have the right to request changes if required. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receiving your written request.
10. Questions: For more information related to our Privacy Principles, or to raise a concern or make an enquiry, please contact:
MAX Canada’s Privacy Officer
50 Queen Street North, Suite 860
Kitchener, Ontario N2H 6P4